When you think about American food what comes to mind?
Bison chili? Lobster tater tots? Loaded kettle chips?
Maybe not… but there are always the classics — BLTs, juicy burgers and chicken fried steaks.
According to votes by Gazette readers for the newly released 2023 Best of the Springs magazine, these top 9 American restaurants deliver in the areas of quality ingredients, superb service and overall taste. See where your local favorite lands on the list:
#9 Rock City Cafe: 1812 Dominion Way
– Rock City Cafe is locally owned by a husband-and-wife duo, serving up tasty eats from 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. every day.
#8 Susie’s Westside Café: 1686 South 21st Street
– Located slightly south of Old Colorado City, Susie’s Westside has a packed menu consisting of many breakfast staples and classic American lunch plates.
#7 New Day Cafe: 5901 Delmonico Drive
– New Day serves breakfast all day featuring dishes like the “Cactus Jack” omelet — yes with real cactus.
#6 Sheldon’s Luncheonette: Two locations – 204 Mountain View Lane Suite 16, and 310 South 8th Street, Suite F
– Discover comfort classics at Sheldon’s like Biscuits & Gravy.
#5 Wines of Colorado: 8045 Highway 24, Cascade
– Enjoy an upscale American lunch along the creek, it sure might be worth the extra drive time.
“Great ambiance, peaceful outdoor dining, fantastic eats.”
“A summer favorite.”
#4 Ted’s Montana Grill: 1685 Briargate Parkway
– This restaurant chain location on the north side of the city offers many bison, beef and seafood options.
#3 King’s Chef Diner: Two locations – 131 East Bijou Street & 110 East Costilla Street
– Check out their menu items “Thing,” “1/2 Thing” and “1/4 Thing.”
“Best burritos and green chili.”
“Breakfast is just awesome. It’s your classic greasy spoon!”
#2 Atmosphere Gastropub: 1327 Interquest Parkway
– Be on the lookout for various events located at Atmosphere!
“Very relaxed atmosphere, and great selection of food!”
“Original meals to choose from, well-prepared and reasonably priced.”
#1 Colorado Mountain Brewery: Two locations – 1110 Interquest Parkway & 600 South 21st Street Suite 180
– From beer cheese soup to “Brew House Ribs” to “Beer Can Chicken,” Colorado Mountain knows how to showcase their brews.
“We love the location off Interquest for its amazing views, good food and beers.”
“Have tried so many things on the menu, and I’m never disappointed!”